Local Arts Links
Who are we? We are volunteer run with plans for 3 full time & 2 part time paid positions. Volunteers get to use the art lab equipment and attend workshops FREE of charge.
What do we do? We are a drop-in art activity center including:
- Yellowstone Teton Gallery of Art exhibiting local artists' original works of art
- 16 drop-in Art Labs for rent at $3 - $5 per hour (see details below)
- Paint Your Own Pottery Studio with ready to paint ceramic pieces
- Art Supply Store from fine art supplies to kid's craft kits
- Artist Residency program with kitchen, shower facilities and private room for artists to stay 1 - 3 weeks
- Reference Library of over 800 art books
- Gift Store with homemade crafts, local artists' small works & local souvenirs
More about our art labs: We offer drop-in, hourly rentals of art equipment in 16 different art mediums. Learn how to use the equipment online, read a How To book in our libary or call for a private lesson (usually $25 - $35 one-on-one) then rent for $5.00/hour, $3.00/hour with a punch card or FREE with 3 hours/week of volunteerism.
OUR DROP-IN, ART LABS INCLUDE :
- Ceramics (Paint Your Own Pottery)
- Hand Carved Block Printing
- Cartoon Animation (old-school cell or digital)
- Scroll Saw Woodworking
- Photography Darkroom for 35mm to 4" x 5" negatives
- Faceting gemstone cutting
- Painting in Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel and more
- Screen Printing with Photo Emulsion and Vacuum Table
- Computer Arts for photo editing, illustration, graphic arts and more
- Illustration drafting table
- Paper Arts, paper making, cutting and embossing
- Vacuum Forming (vinyl, plastic, silicone and more)
- Lost Wax Metal Casting
- Gallery Exhibits of Local Artists & Aspiring Artists
- Workshops on demand and weekly art classes for all ages
- Regional Arts Calendar - Art Events from Island Park to American Falls. Click here.
- FREE use of easels, light tables, drafting tables, project tables, paper cutter, overhead projector and much more!
- FREE use of paper, crayons, colored pencils, scissors, rulers, glue and more.
- Regional Distributor of bulk clay to schools & artists
- Art instruction in Yellowstone National Park
Future plans ...
Mobile Art Lab
- Bus or Traveliner will travel to the regions schools, parks, hospitals, etc. spreading the joy of art
- Plein Air workshops/road trips in heated Mobile Art Lab
$25 - $35/month, ongoing
1- 1.5 hour per week instruction.
Call for current schedule.
Classes for all ages & abilities (including Special Needs)!
Students can ride the school bus to the Lab
with advanced notice.
$35 for a 4 hr. session
1 hr. lesson, 3 hrs. practice time on wheel
(Class limit: 2 students)
$100 for 4 Pottery Lessons
4 hours of lessons & 12 hrs. of practice time on the wheel
(Class limit: 2 students)
Field Artists field trips (more info)
Free, no instruction, easels available.
For plein air painters, photographers, field sketchers ... everyone welcome!
7/26, Sun, 9am-12pm, Cottonwood Drive at Railroad Bridge (St. Anthony)
7/31, Fri, 4pm-7pm, Monkey Rock / Hog Holler (map)
8/7, Fri, 3pm-6pm, Harriman State Park, Railroad Ranch (map)
|Family Service Opportunities
We will lead a personal tour & service activity for your whole family! Help your community & set a good example for your family. Volunteers are desperately needed!
1st Saturday of each month, 1:00 p.m.
Still Life session, FREE, no RSVP needed
3rd Saturday of each month, 1:00 p.m.
Monthly Artists Gathering, FREE,
bring whatever you are working on & inspire each other!
Gab at the Lab
2nd Thursday of each month
6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Ladies, take a break, meet new friends and do something for yourself. Free for gals, aged 14+. Bring a project to work on or join us in a monthly project we've organized.
See more photos and get frequent updates on our Facebook Page. Please help us help the community by volunteering, donating or exhibiting your artwork.
Please peruse our links to learn more about the project, how you can help and how we can help your family or your school. Do you have any comments, ideas or concerns about our vision? Come to the next meeting or let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org